(also moon shell)
Definition of moon snail in English:
A marine mollusk with a shiny, almost spherical, shell and a large foot.
- Family Naticidae, class Gastropoda: Natica and other genera
- She was explaining about the moon snail, which they had come across while wading.
- Atlantic moon shells are found along most of the East Coast.
- Moon snails are carnivorous sand dwellers feeding mainly on clams and other snails
Definition of moon snail in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.