Definition of moonfish in English:
noun (plural same or moonfishes)
A deep-bodied laterally compressed marine fish, in particular.
- ● A silvery fish of the jack family (Carangidae), including Selene setapinnis of the Atlantic. ● An opah.
- Oceana's scientists attribute the Mediterranean invasion partly to the overfishing of jellyfish predators there, including moonfish, triggerfish, and leatherback turtles, which are often caught accidentally as bycatch.
- One fish I wish I could see with my own eyes is the brilliant opah, or moonfish.
- Sometimes a moonfish or a sailfish might show up while freely enjoying the open ocean.
Definition of moonfish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan