- A tremor of the moon’s surface.More example sentences
- One reason for crashing the landers was to provide signals for the seismometers the astronauts had placed on the surface to study moonquakes.
- The Moon is seismically very quiet compared to the Earth, and moonquakes are many orders of magnitude less powerful than typical earthquakes.
- The rate of moonquakes seemed to ebb and flow every 27 days, the time it takes the Moon to circle the Earth, suggesting that they were caused by the pull of tidal forces.
More definitions of moonquakeDefinition of moonquake in:
- The British & World English dictionary