- A landscape having features characteristic of the surface of the moon, especially in being rocky and barren: regrowth on the once-barren moonscape around Mount St. HelensMore example sentences
- The landscape changes from lush, tree-covered mountains to a barren moonscape, the result of a mining practice called mountaintop removal.
- With the forest kaput, erosion creates a tropic moonscape of barren hillsides.
- The trees thinned, dirt gave way to snow, the trail disappeared, and we slipped and slid and slithered through a narrow pass before entering a moonscape of rocky peaks and ice-rimmed lakes.
More definitions of moonscapeDefinition of moonscape in:
- The British & World English dictionary