Definition of moorhen in English:
1A small aquatic rail with mainly blackish plumage.
- Family Rallidae: two genera and four species, in particular the widespread common gallinule (Gallinula chloropus), with a red and yellow bill
- Other birds I saw near the pond were coot, moorhen, purple swamphen and a few Gray Wagtails walking around near the water.
- A pair of coots, some moorhens, a little grebe and a single Little Egret rounded out the waterbirds.
- Going around the lake I observed crested grebes, coots, moorhens, ducks, swans and herons.
Definition of moorhen in:
- British & World English dictionary