- A low-power, lightweight motorized bicycle.More example sentences
- He has explored every nook and cranny of Paris - on foot, by bicycle, by moped.
- The firm uses a fleet of bicycles, mopeds, vans and tow trucks to scour the streets for offenders.
- So would more widespread use of bicycles and mopeds to free-up road space?
1950s: from Swedish, from (trampcykel med) mo(tor och) ped(aler) 'pedal cycle with motor and pedals'.
More definitions of mopedDefinition of moped in:
- The British & World English dictionary