Entry from British & World English dictionary
1A man’s hairstyle in the form of a long shaggy bob.
- Martin is 30, scrawny, with a moptop, Maltesers for eyes and a nose big and dramatic enough to make star-crossed lovers want to jump off the top.
- Chris looked innocent, an Abba fan with a well-shampooed moptop and a goofy grin.
1.1A man with a moptop hairstyle.
- In May 1963, Britain was firmly in the grip of Beatlemania, with the loveable moptops bestriding the hit parade with their first number one, From Me to You.
- Then the moptop with the guitar strums a simple chord he's strummed a thousand times in his tribute act, but this time it must feel like the eyes of the world are upon him.
- He just isn't the loveable moptop we once knew.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.