1Relating to Moravia or its people.
- William, along with a field of approximately 150 international runners, covered 133.4 miles through the streets of Brno, the Moravian capital, 120 miles east of Prague.
- This beer is so delicious and full-bodied due in part to the use of under-modified Moravian grains, a decoction mash and the soft waters of the town.
- Elsinger was expelled from his family farm in the Moravian town of Mikulov, just a few miles from the Austrian border.
1.1Relating to the Moravian Church.
- I sense that the Quakers and the Moravians have a pretty good idea of how to collectively pick up the cross and follow Christ amidst the multitude of perspectives and agendas that make up church politics.
- Shortly after getting back from that trip to Saxony, John and Charles Wesley broke with the Moravians for some fairly complex theological reasons.
- Other Protestant groups include Methodists, Moravians, Baptists, and Seventh-Day Adventists.
1A native of Moravia.
- There is no question, though, that central Europeans such as the Swiss and Moravians did reinforce the log-building tradition, and made new contributions as well.
- Formed into a common state after World War I, the Czechs, Moravians, and Slovaks remained united for almost 75 years.
- She was Moravian, and was brought up in a convent in Moravia
Words that rhyme with Moravianavian, Batavian, Flavian, Moldavian, Octavian, Scandinavian, Shavian
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of Moravian in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.