(also moray eel)
A mainly nocturnal eellike predatory fish of warm seas that typically hides in crevices with just the head protruding.
- Family Muraenidae: several genera and numerous species, including the spotted moray (Gymnothorax moringa) of the Gulf of Mexico and the southeastern US Atlantic coast, and Muraena helena of the eastern Atlantic and Mediterranean
- The rocky reefs and the small caverns formed within them are home to groupers, moray and conger eels, scorpionfish, many octopuses and the occasional spiny lobster.
- No sea cows or bovines here, but we spotted puffer fish and a giant moray and plenty of groupers.
- All the familiar reef fish are there plus morays, sting rays, you name it.
Words that rhyme with morayforay
Definition of moray in:
- British & World English dictionary
Entry from British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.