- Any of a group of paramyxoviruses that cause measles, rinderpest, and canine distemper.More example sentences
- Measles is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by the morbillivirus.
- The cause was also reported to be a morbillivirus, but the infection may have spread so widely because the animals' immune systems were compromised by pollutants.
- Morbillivirus infections which were not documented in aquatic mammals until 1988,
1970s: from Latin morbilli (plural of morbillus 'pustule', from morbus 'disease') + virus.
More definitions of morbillivirusDefinition of morbillivirus in:
- The British & World English dictionary