- 1Denoting or using biting sarcasm or invective.More example sentences
- You've barely spoken a word all night, and haven't uttered so much as one mordacious comment.
- His mordacious warnings about the bleak future of NATO.
- The more he intermingles mordacious taunts with earnest reflections on the feelings of a man suffocated by a less than satisfying matrimony, the harder it is to take him seriously.
- 2(Of a person or animal) given to biting.More example sentences
- A small-scale musical in which that mordacious man-about-necks (Dracula) figures prominently.
mid 17th century: from Latin mordax, mordac- 'biting' + -ious.
More definitions of mordaciousDefinition of mordacious in:
- The British & World English dictionary