- A strong, ribbed cotton or wool fabric, used chiefly for curtains and upholstery.More example sentences
- The couple covered the seats with mid-eighteenth-century English wool moreen.
- The mahogany easy chair and settee covered with blue moreen may have been standard forms with fixed upholstery and the chintz cover was probably for that settee.
- Morine is a variation of moreen, a British heavy fabric with horizontal filling and a moire finish, woven either in worsted or cotton.
mid 17th century: perhaps a fanciful formation from moire.
More definitions of moreenDefinition of moreen in:
- The British & World English dictionary