- Denoting or served in a cheese-flavored white sauce: mornay sauce [postpositive]: cauliflower mornayMore example sentences
- The Oyster Bar offers a dizzying array of dishes from a half dozen rested on ice to a baked dish with spinach and mornay cheese sauce or lightly grilled oysters with bacon.
- Noodle rolls filled with minced Tasmanian possum, topped with mornay sauce.
- The lobster was split in half and then mixed with mornay and Sauce Americaine.
named after Mornay, the French cook and eldest son of Joseph Voiron, chef of the restaurant Durand at the end of the 19th century and inventor of the sauce.
More definitions of mornayDefinition of mornay in:
- The British & World English dictionary