Definition of morning glory in English:
A climbing plant often cultivated for its showy trumpet-shaped flowers, which typically open in the early morning and wither by midday.
- Genus Ipomoea, family Convolvulaceae: several species, in particular the common morning glory I. purpurea
- Small flowered clematis, morning glory, the less vigorous climbing roses, nasturtiums and many others grow well in containers.
- When the weather warms up, sow seeds of cosmos, marigold, morning glory, portulaca, nasturtium, sunflower, and zinnia for splashes of color.
- Climbers don't really climb, as clematis or morning glory do, with tendrils that attach themselves to a fence or trellis.
Definition of morning glory in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia