Definition of morning prayer in English:
noun(usually morning prayers)
1A formal act of worship held in the morning, especially regularly or by a group assembled for this purpose.
- Every morning the Ansar recruits would rise for morning prayers and then do physical training until the sun came over the horizon.
- Assume that Jews traditionally have a celebratory feast on Saturday after morning prayers and call it the ‘Sabbath feast.’
- That's why the morning prayers begin with a series of blessings thanking God for the simple and obvious.
1.1 [in singular] (In the Anglican Church) the service of matins.
- Went along to morning prayer at the church which I have really been enjoying - finding fun in the fact that God can really powerfully move in such a formal setting!
- I returned quickly to my quarters for morning prayer.
- I woke up in time for morning prayer, had breakfast, arrived early for my 9 am lecture and stayed fully awake throughout it.
Definition of morning prayer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia