noun(usually morning prayers)
- 1A formal act of worship held in the morning, especially regularly or by a group assembled for this purpose.More example sentences
- Every morning the Ansar recruits would rise for morning prayers and then do physical training until the sun came over the horizon.
- Assume that Jews traditionally have a celebratory feast on Saturday after morning prayers and call it the ‘Sabbath feast.’
- That's why the morning prayers begin with a series of blessings thanking God for the simple and obvious.
- 1.1 [in singular] (In the Anglican Church) the service of matins.More example sentences
- Went along to morning prayer at the church which I have really been enjoying - finding fun in the fact that God can really powerfully move in such a formal setting!
- I returned quickly to my quarters for morning prayer.
- I woke up in time for morning prayer, had breakfast, arrived early for my 9 am lecture and stayed fully awake throughout it.
More definitions of morning prayerDefinition of morning prayer in:
- The British & World English dictionary