- A chemical agent able to cause or determine morphogenesis.More example sentences
- The Hedgehog proteins are secreted morphogens that provide positional information during the development of many multi-cellular animals.
- He suggested that biological forms mirror patterns in the concentrations of hypothetical chemicals called morphogens.
- For example, many morphogens - molecules that direct cells to grow and differentiate during embryogenesis - are not water - soluble, so biologists know little about how they spread out during early development.
More definitions of morphogenDefinition of morphogen in:
- The British & World English dictionary