Definition of morphophoneme in English:
Any of the variant forms of a phoneme as determined by the context in which it is used.
- They are complementary, since for each environment of the unit, its morphophonemes indicate the segments in the corresponding parts of that member of the morpheme which occurs in that environment.
- This tendency of leaving out the morphophoneme " t’ becomes more and more common.
- Stress has its own tier, and I will identify this feature specifically, since stress will determine the choice of the morphophoneme.
- Example sentences
- Here, I will start with linking from the morphophonemic component to the phonological component.
- Even so, morphophonemic theory has informed much of the orthographic literature, and for good reason.
- The morphophonemic nature of these words makes comprehension of the meaning of such words clear.
Definition of morphophoneme in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia