Involving both morphology and syntax.
More example sentences
- I round off the chapter by considering the case of so-called numeral-classifier languages, which typically lack the morphosyntactic distinctions (especially, singular vs. plural) characteristic of English.
- Lexical items are characterized by penultimate accent in the unmarked case, but there are morphosyntactic factors that trigger ultimate accent.
- Their key idea was that differences among languages - especially in plurality or gender or definiteness or other sorts of morphosyntactic marking - should have an effect on what people pay attention to.
- More example sentences
- These were all grammatical sentences: i.e. they were morphosyntactically well formed.
- And much of the literature in interactional linguistics is very syntactically oriented rather than morphosyntactically oriented.
- Russian, for example, does not morphosyntactically distinguish between middle constructions and passives.
Definition of morphosyntactic in:
- The British & World English dictionary