Definition of moss campion in English:
An almost stemless campion with pink flowers, found on mountains and in arctic areas of both Eurasia and North America.
- Silene acaulis, family Caryophyllaceae
- This is Arctic Canada at its best: a northern landscape blooming with purple mountain saxifrage, moss campion, and mountain avens.
- Nestled in the alpine tundra are countless dwarf plants with names like phlox, moss campion, and forget-me-not.
- Alpine forget-me-nots, snow gentian, moss campion and an abundance of saxifrages grow here on the steep slopes.
Definition of moss campion in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India