nounNorth American • informal
- An old-fashioned or extremely conservative person.More example sentences
- But if we look for the reasons for his fall only in the sins of the mossbacks in Washington, we will miss an important part of the lesson of all of this.
- I thought that I was a ‘mossback’, but the LA Weekly's Doug Harvey has now convinced me that I am a crackpot!
- It won't really appease either the die-hard mossbacks or the fanatic up-to-the-minutes.
- More example sentences
- Problem is you have two conservative guys reinforcing each other's most mossbacked notions.
- They staged the most significant electoral challenges many of the state's mossbacked incumbents had ever faced.
- Eric has thanked everybody who has participated in the conversation, ‘even the most mossbacked grumbling conservatives.’
More definitions of mossbackDefinition of mossback in:
- The British & World English dictionary