(Of clothes or fabrics) treated with a substance that repels moths.
- This yarn is mothproof, shrink-proof, colorfast, non-allergenic and machine washable and dryable.
- Many yarn manufacturers make mothproof wool, which is chemically treated to repel or kill moths that come in contact with it.
- It is a fine 2-ply mothproof needlepoint/crewel thread made of 100% pure wool in 180 shades.
Treat with a substance that repels moths.
- Place in closets, drawers, or closed containers to mothproof garments.
- The rug has been exhibited many times since then, and a Navajo Indian regularly cleans and mothproofs it.
- New wool is always mothproofed, but it is still a good idea to spray finished needlepoint about once a year.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of mothproof in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.