Definition of mothproof in English:
(Of clothes or fabrics) treated with a substance that repels moths.
- This yarn is mothproof, shrink-proof, colorfast, non-allergenic and machine washable and dryable.
- Many yarn manufacturers make mothproof wool, which is chemically treated to repel or kill moths that come in contact with it.
- It is a fine 2-ply mothproof needlepoint/crewel thread made of 100% pure wool in 180 shades.
verb[with object] Back to top
Treat with a substance that repels moths.
- Place in closets, drawers, or closed containers to mothproof garments.
- The rug has been exhibited many times since then, and a Navajo Indian regularly cleans and mothproofs it.
- New wool is always mothproofed, but it is still a good idea to spray finished needlepoint about once a year.
Definition of mothproof in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan