nounchiefly North American
- another term for movie. [as modifier]: the motion-picture industryMore example sentences
- It probably isn't entirely fair to blame the failure of a motion picture on the screenwriter.
- Two years later, it was adapted as a major motion picture directed by Steven Spielberg.
- Putting the concept of a serial killer into a successful motion picture is very difficult for film writers.
More definitions of motion pictureDefinition of motion picture in:
- The British & World English dictionary