- A pouting expression used to convey annoyance or distaste.More example sentences
- ‘We're simply inundated with it,’ he said, with a prim moue of distaste comically identical to Dr. Ogawa's.
- The word seemed to twist his face into a moue of distaste. ‘My job is to make fabulous people feel fabulous.’
- Another aspect of Caravaggio's past persists in ‘The Young St John’ in the Borghese Gallery: a petulant urchin, speckled with sun-rash, and with an effeminate moue on his face as a ram curves and stretches against his pliant body.
mid 19th century: French, earlier having the sense 'lip'.
More definitions of moueDefinition of moue in:
- The British & World English dictionary