Definition of mountain avens in English:
A creeping arctic-alpine plant with white flowers and glossy leaves. See also dryas.
- Dryas octopetala, family Rosaceae
- This is Arctic Canada at its best: a northern landscape blooming with purple mountain saxifrage, moss campion, and mountain avens.
- Not found at all in Britain, this little orchid's heartland is the Mediterranean, and so it's strange that its tender southern shoots appear here, within inches of tough tundra plants such as mountain avens.
- The white mountain avens needs a moist peaty or sandy soil, and must be protected from slugs and snails.
Definition of mountain avens in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.