Definition of mountainous in English:
1(Of a region) having many mountains.
- In general, mountainous regions with their steep slopes and deep valleys are eroded fastest.
- Traditional alpine plants come from the mountainous regions of the world.
- Nepal is a mostly mountainous region made up of many small villages.
1.1Huge: struggling under mountainous debts
More example sentences
- Many very young people find themselves saddled with mountainous debts.
- It is famous for its mountainous debt and its stupendous sales growth.
- The government, meanwhile, is burdened with a debt to rich creditors so mountainous it can simply never be repaid.