1(Of a region) having many mountains.
- In general, mountainous regions with their steep slopes and deep valleys are eroded fastest.
- Traditional alpine plants come from the mountainous regions of the world.
- Nepal is a mostly mountainous region made up of many small villages.
1.1Huge: struggling under mountainous debts
More example sentences
- Many very young people find themselves saddled with mountainous debts.
- It is famous for its mountainous debt and its stupendous sales growth.
- The government, meanwhile, is burdened with a debt to rich creditors so mountainous it can simply never be repaid.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.