Definition of mouse-tailed bat in English:
An insectivorous bat with a long mouselike tail, native to Africa and Asia and often found in man-made structures.
- Family Rhinopomatidae and genus Rhinopoma: three species
- Colonies of thousands of mouse-tailed bats occupy roosts in large ruined buildings, often palaces and temples.
- One species, MacInnes's mouse-tailed bat, is categorized as vulnerable, facing a high risk of extinction in the wild due to the destruction of the bat's natural habitat.
- India's remaining bats have their origins in western Asia and are primarily arid-climate species such as the tomb bats and mouse-tailed bats.
Definition of mouse-tailed bat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan