Definition of mousebird in English:
A small gregarious African bird with mainly drab plumage, a crest, and a long tail.
- Genera Colius and Urocolius, family Coliidae: six species
- ‘We feed the birds in our garden and have enjoyed seeing several parents feeding their young - among them bulbuls, barbets, mousebirds and weavers,’ she says.
- Hummingbirds have also been grouped with nightjars, mousebirds and perching birds (Passeriformes).
- Many Paleogene fossil birds of Europe have their closest modern relatives on southern landmasses today (e.g. species with affinities to the African mousebirds, South African serieamas, and Australian frogmouths).
Definition of mousebird in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan