- A small gregarious African bird with mainly drab plumage, a crest, and a long tail.
More example sentences
- Genera Colius and Urocolius, family Coliidae: six species
- ‘We feed the birds in our garden and have enjoyed seeing several parents feeding their young - among them bulbuls, barbets, mousebirds and weavers,’ she says.
- Hummingbirds have also been grouped with nightjars, mousebirds and perching birds (Passeriformes).
- Many Paleogene fossil birds of Europe have their closest modern relatives on southern landmasses today (e.g. species with affinities to the African mousebirds, South African serieamas, and Australian frogmouths).
More definitions of mousebirdDefinition of mousebird in:
- The British & World English dictionary