Definition of mousseron in English:
An edible mushroom with a flattish white cap, pink gills, and a mealy smell.
- Clitopilus prunulus, family Agaricaceae, class Hymenomycetes
- This Catalan fricassee is the finest version of a traditional veal dish with mousserons, morels or chanterelles.
- The St. Peter's fish was served crispy skin up on a bed of tiny fiddleheads and mousserons that looked like doll food.
- It's a bad year for mushrooms - too hot on the Continent and too wet in Britain, and cèpes and mousserons are incredibly hard to come by.
Definition of mousseron in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia