Denoting a method of artificial respiration in which a person breathes into an unconscious patient’s lungs through the mouth: mouth-to-mouth resuscitation
More example sentences
- In a recent meeting, medical directors of emergency medical services agreed that attempting to talk 911 callers through mouth-to-mouth procedures wasted valuable time.
- I tried anything to get her to wake, but she wouldn't open her eyes; the only way left was to do the mouth-to-mouth procedure.
- However, if you're not trained in emergency procedures, doctors recommend skipping mouth-to-mouth rescue breathing and proceeding directly to chest compression.
- All of our staff are fully trained in First Aid and a teacher, Robert Marks, administered mouth-to-mouth.
- I gave her mouth-to-mouth as my housemate Charlotte rang for an ambulance.
- ‘The doorman who gave her mouth-to-mouth received a commendation from the paramedics,’ he said.
Words that rhyme with mouth-to-mouthLouth, mouth, south
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of mouth-to-mouth in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.