- A person who applies to or petitions a court or judge for a ruling in his or her favor.More example sentences
- Sidestepping the issue of whether amateurs deserved protection usually afforded to The Fourth Estate, Kleinberg wrote ‘Even if the movants are journalists, this is not the equivalent of a free pass.’
- On June 10th, an ‘evolution Cobb County’ email alert by Google informed this movant of an amicus-curiae submitted by the Anti-Defamation League, in support of the Appellees.
- The movant must plead facts which will support the conclusion that counsel's actions did not measure up to the customary skill and diligence of a reasonable attorney.
More definitions of movantDefinition of movant in:
- The British & World English dictionary