- A bank of mud on the bed of a river or the bottom of the sea.More example sentences
- The Waddenzee consists of many square miles of gently shelving sand and mudbanks largely covered at high water.
- The Lifeboat arrived on scene in moderate conditions in a South Easterly 4 to 5, to find the Yacht hard aground on a mudbank at the entrance to the Camplie River.
- We were fortunate when visiting the Suffolk Blyth estuary in May: the first mudbanks were just appearing, and a host of wading birds soon put in an appearance, among them 10 spotted redshank.
More definitions of mudbankDefinition of mudbank in:
- The British & World English dictionary