(also mud flat)
- A stretch of muddy land left uncovered at low tide.More example sentences
- The bay includes salt marsh, shallow and open water, tidal channels, mudflats and numerous islands, and a freshwater pond.
- During migration and winter, they are coastal, foraging on mudflats, salt marshes, estuaries, and coastal pools.
- Coastal migrants can often be found along tidal creeks, salt marsh edges, and mudflats, rarely on sandy ocean beaches.
More definitions of mudflatDefinition of mudflat in:
- The British & World English dictionary