Definition of mudminnow in English:
A small stout-bodied freshwater fish of both Eurasia and North America, able to survive low concentrations of oxygen and very low temperatures.
- Genus Umbra, family Umbridae: several species
- Briefly, this is the domain of two freshwater clans, the pike and the mudminnows.
- Whereas most books of this nature cover only fossil mammals, this bestiary starts with mudminnows and ends with mammoths - amphibians, reptiles, and birds are in between.
- They prey on such fish as the cisco (lake herring), lake whitefish, central mudminnow, and golden shiner.
Definition of mudminnow in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India