1A symbolic hand gesture used in Hindu and Buddhist ceremonies and statuary, and in Indian dance.
- This program uses dance mudras as a communication tool for the speech-impaired.
- Then it was all about traditional dance with mudras and gestures.
- Unfortunately, somewhere along the way disco fever challenged India's classical dances and today most young Indians can't tell a mudra from the ‘Yo man, peace!’
1.1A movement or pose in yoga.
- Besides the academic curriculum, children are taught yoga and mudras aimed at developing their IQ and memory power and to strengthen them mentally and physically.
- She instructs them through touch, teaching the mudras and movements at first through fingers and hands.
- The mudra which is used with most meditative poses is the ‘Gian Mudra.’
From Sanskrit mudrā 'sign or token'.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.