- 1A symbolic hand gesture used in Hindu and Buddhist ceremonies and statuary, and in Indian dance.More example sentences
- This program uses dance mudras as a communication tool for the speech-impaired.
- Then it was all about traditional dance with mudras and gestures.
- Unfortunately, somewhere along the way disco fever challenged India's classical dances and today most young Indians can't tell a mudra from the ‘Yo man, peace!’
- 1.1A movement or pose in yoga.More example sentences
- Besides the academic curriculum, children are taught yoga and mudras aimed at developing their IQ and memory power and to strengthen them mentally and physically.
- She instructs them through touch, teaching the mudras and movements at first through fingers and hands.
- The mudra which is used with most meditative poses is the ‘Gian Mudra.’
from Sanskrit mudrā 'sign or token'.
More definitions of mudraDefinition of mudra in:
- The British & World English dictionary