1A small domed cake or quick bread made from batter or dough: blueberry muffins
More example sentences
- For simple fare, try sugar cookies, doughnuts, muffins or coffee cake with coffee and cocoa or hot spiced cider.
- Today he's been in her favorite coffee shop and learned what she got everyday; a large black coffee and a blueberry muffin.
- And they are invariably foods high in calories, like muffins and cookies and cakes.
1.1 short for English muffin.
- Split the muffins or ciabatta and lightly toast or grill the insides only.
- For serving, muffins are toasted back and front and then split with the fingers by easing them apart at the joint all the way round.
- She makes some bread, or muffins, or flat cakes, and we eat them with juice or with water.
Early 18th century: of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with muffinpuffin
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of muffin in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.