- 1A scarf or wrap worn around the neck and face for warmth.More example sentences
- He had wrapped himself well in muffler and shawl over jacket and kurta.
- My God, the floor sagged under the weight of the parkas, sweaters, gloves, mufflers, and hats.
- Pushing his chin deeper into the warmth of his muffler and pulling his jacket tighter around himself, he walked out of the house, and down the street.
- 2North American A part of a motor vehicle’s exhaust system, serving to muffle the sound of the vehicle.More example sentences
- The gasoline engine, along with the muffler, catalytic converter, tailpipe and gas tank, were all removed.
- In the case of the exhaust mufflers, titanium may offer greater service life than is offered by most materials.
- They never need oil changes, air filters, tune-ups, mufflers, timing belts, or emission tests.
More definitions of mufflerDefinition of muffler in:
- The British & World English dictionary