A person who attacks and robs another in a public place.
- They are burglars, dealers, vandals, thugs, muggers, arsonists, a menace to society.
- A gang of muggers attacked a man 6ft 8in tall and stole his mobile phone as he walked home after a night out in Trowbridge.
- A passing couple saw the attack and chased the mugger, but he managed to get away.
Words that rhyme with muggerhugger, lugger, plugger, rugger, slugger, Srinagar, tugger
A large short-snouted Indian crocodile, venerated by many Hindus.
- Crocodylus palustris, family Crocodylidae
- While in India the number of muggers and gharials are growing in large numbers, salt-water crocodiles are rare as they generally grow in estuarine areas.
- Visitors watched them in broad daylight lunging at sambar in lakes, relaxing on roadsides, teaching cubs to stalk and even stealing deer carcasses from the mouths of mugger crocodiles in the lakes.
- As per the Central Zoo Authority instructions, the mugger crocodiles were shifted to the Tirupati zoo, which is crippled by poor turnout of visitors.
Mid 19th century: from Hindi magar.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan