Definition of mule deer in English:
A western North American deer with large ears. The mule deer of the Rocky Mountains has a black tipped tail; the subspecies of the northwest Pacific coast ( blacktail deer) has a tail with a blackish upper side.
- Odocoileus hemionus, family Cervidae
- As of June 2004, the Alberta government tested more than 5,000 heads of wild white-tailed deer, mule deer and elk for the presence of chronic wasting disease.
- Perhaps a little more exciting to catch sight of (at least for me) is the bighorn sheep, mule deer, bobcat, mountain lion, coyote or one of the amazing birds of prey.
- He points to deer as a modern-day analog: While the skeletons of mule deer and white-tailed deer look very similar, the animals themselves have different colors, and their ears and tails are also different.
Definition of mule deer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.