(also mulligatawny soup)
- A spicy meat or chicken soup originally made in India.More example sentences
- It is most often used to flavor mulligatawny soup.
- Well-priced lunch items include an appealingly peppery mulligatawny soup, the appetizer of the day and basmati rice.
- A little coy now, Alicia sat down on the edge of her mother's bed and began haltingly, ‘Well… we had mulligatawny soup to start with, veal cutlets and leeks au gratin as a main course, Baked Alaska for dessert, followed by coffee.
from Tamil miḷaku-taṇṇi 'pepper-water'.
More definitions of mulligatawnyDefinition of mulligatawny in:
- The British & World English dictionary