Definition of mulloway in English:
A large edible fast-swimming predatory fish of Australian coastal waters, popular with anglers. Also called jewfish.
- Johnius antarctica, family Sciaenidae
- The mulloway feeds voraciously on other fish, and is itself a favoured prey of human anglers.
- There's a local mulloway, they occur around the southern coast off South Australia.
- A recent release from NSW Fisheries indicated 70,000 mulloway fingerlings have been released into some NSW waterways.
Mid 19th century: from Yaralde (an Aboriginal language of South Australia).
Words that rhyme with mullowaycolourway (US colorway)
Definition of mulloway in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.