adjectiveBotany & Zoology
- Divided into several or many parts by deep clefts or notches.More example sentences
- Typical of the family Polygalaceae, the anterior petal is keel-like, with a lobed multifid crest.
- Several papillae are present along the posterior margin of the sheath, including a multifid papilla at the posterior apex.
- Seeds ovoid or oblong, shiny, with apically a 2-fid to multifid caruncle.
mid 18th century: from Latin multifidus, from multus 'much, many' + -fid from fidus 'cleft, split'.
More definitions of multifidDefinition of multifid in:
- The British & World English dictionary