(also multiflora rose)
Definition of multiflora in English:
An eastern Asian shrubby or climbing rose that bears clusters of small single pink or white flowers.
- Rosa multiflora, family Rosaceae
- Multiflora rose (Rosa multiflora Thunb.) was the fifth-most problematic species.
- Rosa multiflora is the only species of the nine that is currently listed on West Virginia's noxious weed list.
- The lush, wild growth of holly, privet, hawthorn and multiflora rose hedge simulate a natural environment while providing excellent building sites, offering shelter and secluded perching and providing escape routes when necessary.
Early 19th century: from late Latin, feminine of multiflorus 'multiflorous'.
Definition of multiflora in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan