- A quantity that is to be multiplied by another (the multiplier).More example sentences
- Last step: take half the left-hand digit of the multiplicand and reduce by 2. 4 First step: subtract from 10, and add 5 if the number is odd.
- Lay down the multiplicand in the upper row and the multiplier in the lower, with the product in between.
- Thus to find the product of 75 by 75, multiply the last digit of the multiplicand and the multiplier, which gives 25.
late 16th century: from medieval Latin multiplicandus 'to be multiplied', gerundive of Latin multiplicare (see multiply1).
More definitions of multiplicandDefinition of multiplicand in:
- The British & World English dictionary