1Having many poles or extremities.
- Individual cells showed a variety of aberrations, with the common presence of cells with abnormalities of the spindle poles, frequently being multipolar.
- Most of their neurons are large multipolar projection neurons.
- In sub mutations, we observed spindles that were unipolar, multipolar, or frayed with no defined poles.
2Polarized in several ways or directions.
- Led by Chirac and Schröder, the core countries would promote a multipolar world, with Europe as one emerging pole.
- When you look at the evolution of the world, you see that quite naturally a multipolar world is being created, whether one likes it or not.
- The world has become far more multipolar than it was prior to 1989, and the means by which other players can enter the competitive field of play have greatly proliferated.
- Example sentences
- On this bottom board, power is widely dispersed, and it makes no sense to speak of unipolarity, multipolarity, or hegemony.
- The alternative to unipolarity may not be multipolarity at all.
- In effect, the region will probably move from its present bipolarity (with the United States and Russia as the poles) to unbalanced multipolarity, which will lead to more intense security competition among the European powers.
- Example sentences
- The magnitude of alignment, on the other hand, is only correctly predicted after replacing the effective charges by a multipole expansion and introduction of empirical scale factors for the monopole, dipole, and quadrupole moment.
- The reason for this is that most molecules, although they have zero net charge, have a distribution of charges which gives rise to dipole-dipole and higher multipole interactions at long distances.
- In one recent study, all nonbonded interactions except those involving the ions are treated approximately, using a third order multipole expansion method.
Words that rhyme with multipolarAngola, barbola, bipolar, bowler, bronchiolar, canola, carambola, circumpolar, coaler, Coca-Cola, cola, comptroller, consoler, controller, Ebola, eidola, extoller, Finola, Gorgonzola, granola, Hispaniola, kola, Lola, lunisolar, mandola, molar, Ndola, patroller, payola, pianola, polar, roller, Savonarola, scagliola, scroller, sola, solar, stroller, tombola, Tortola, troller, Vignola, viola, Zola
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.