- 1Consisting of or relating to several stages or processes: a multistage decision-making processMore example sentences
- Cancer is a complex multistage process that can take a large proportion of a person's lifespan to develop.
- This indicates that patch-exploitation can be a process of multistage decision making, with early patch decisions being adjusted during later visits.
- Seeking a correspondingly sculptural approach for the painting, Fautrier developed his haute pate (high paste) technique, a multistage process often resulting in inches-thick surfaces.
- 1.1(Of a rocket) having at least two sections, each of which contains its own motor and is jettisoned as its fuel runs out.More example sentences
- The travel agency began taking reservations for a North Korean tour it organized in 1998, but it was forced to cancel the trip after North Korea launched a multistage rocket that flew over Japan and crashed into the Pacific Ocean.
- After World War I, Oberth studied physics at the University of Munich, where he realized that the key to space travel was the development of multistage rockets.
- In the 1950s, von Braun and his ‘Rocket Team,’ many of whom had immigrated to the United States, continued their work on multistage rockets near Huntsville, Alabama.
More definitions of multistageDefinition of multistage in:
- The British & World English dictionary