Definition of multituberculate in English:
A small primitive extinct mammal of a mainly Cretaceous and Paleocene order, distinguished by having molar teeth with several cusps arranged in two or three rows.
- Order Multituberculata, subclass Allotheria
- Triconodonts, monotremes and multituberculates have the primitive condylar arrangement for the radius.
- Well-represented dentitions and skulls are also known for some of the earliest and most primitive multituberculates, from the Late Jurassic of Portugal.
- Paleocene faunas were dominated by what we refer to as archaic mammals: condylarths (archaic ungulates), archaic primates, small rodent-like multituberculates, pantodonts, and others.
Definition of multituberculate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.