noun (plural munchies)(usually munchies) informal
1A snack or small item of food.
- So, next year we'll make sure there are better jokes and some more munchie food on the tables.
- My favorite munchie food is marshmallows with chocolate sauce pored all over them…
- Trying new things can be a gamble, but it's worth the risk if it turns you on to a new favorite munchie or sport.
1.1 (the munchies) A sudden strong desire for food: these camping trips always give me the munchies
More example sentences
- Even at one in the morning a handful of them were milling about up and down the aisles in search of the perfect snack to cure their munchies.
- The theory is that a little something extra before bed might stave off the midnight munchies.
- You got the munchies, look at you, junk food junkie
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.