noun (plural munis)US
Short for municipal bond.
- He advises small investors to invest in munis through mutual funds, rather than buying individual bonds.
- If all of this sounds like too much work for a 4% or 5% yield, you can buy a muni mutual fund.
- For now, he cautions investors about putting money into municipal bonds or muni funds.
noun (plural munis)
(In India) an inspired holy person; an ascetic, hermit, or sage.
- It is sattvic food advocated by the rishis and munis of the ancient times, whereas nonvegetarian food is a product of violence as the animal is killed and cooked for eating purposes.
- In May, Svetambara and Digambara Jain munis performed pratistha ceremonies installing a murti Mahavira.
- In the Satya yuga a white avatara appeared to Kardama muni to establish meditation as the process for self-realization.
From Sanskrit, literally 'silent', from man 'think'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan