Definition of municipalize in English:
Bring under the control or ownership of the authorities of a city or town: an expensive commitment to municipalize rented housing
More example sentences
- In 1904, however, along with the other water companies, it was municipalised under the Metropolitan Water Board.
- Water-supply service is municipalized in Japan, and most municipalities in Osaka Prefecture receive their water from more than 1 source.
- In 1883 Birmingham became the first British city to municipalize its art school.
- Example sentences
- The concept of national institutions like this that really promote taxation, promote municipalization, do not support recognition of inherent right.
- The municipalisation of the Scottish parliament may seem to be unstoppable.
- A number of ‘public interest’ arguments were raised at the time to justify municipalization of volunteer fire companies…
Words that rhyme with municipalizeparalyse • mongrelize
Definition of municipalize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan