Definition of municipalize in English:
Bring under the control or ownership of the authorities of a city or town: an expensive commitment to municipalize rented housing
More example sentences
- In 1904, however, along with the other water companies, it was municipalised under the Metropolitan Water Board.
- Water-supply service is municipalized in Japan, and most municipalities in Osaka Prefecture receive their water from more than 1 source.
- In 1883 Birmingham became the first British city to municipalize its art school.
- Example sentences
- The concept of national institutions like this that really promote taxation, promote municipalization, do not support recognition of inherent right.
- The municipalisation of the Scottish parliament may seem to be unstoppable.
- A number of ‘public interest’ arguments were raised at the time to justify municipalization of volunteer fire companies…
Pronunciation: /myo͞oˌnisəpələˈzāSHən/ /myəˌnisəpələˈzāSHən/ /myo͞oˌnisəpəˌlīˈzāSHən/ /myəˌnisəpəˌlīˈzāSHən/noun
Words that rhyme with municipalizeparalyse • mongrelize
Definition of municipalize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.