Definition of murrelet in English:
A small North Pacific auk (seabird), typically having a gray back and white underparts.
- Genera Brachyramphus and Synthliboramphus, family Alcidae: six species
- West of the crest of the Cascade Range, the area is habitat for bald eagles, marbled murrelets, spotted owls, cougars, lynx, salmon, and steelhead, which thrive among mature and second-growth forests of cedar and Douglas fir.
- ESA-listed birds in Washington marine waters are the marbled murrelet, bald eagle, brown pelican, short-tailed albatross, and western snowy plover.
- The marbled murrelet, a threatened seabird species, nests primarily in old-growth trees up to 75 kilometers from the coast.
Definition of murrelet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia